The Emporium

 

The Pine Plains Emporium opened Memorial Day, 2015 in the old Chase Dry Goods building that dates back to 1879.

The original store was founded by Enos J. Chase and sold all the necessities of country life – baked goods, clothing, machine oil, wallpaper, blankets, hats, canes, eggs, feed, candy, cigars, tools, coffee, tea and sundries.

Supported by dairy farming and iron mining at the turn of the century the thriving town of Pine Plains boasted a weekly newspaper, the Pine Plains Herald, and was crossroads to no less than three rail lines that stopped at one of two local stations.

The new Pine Plains Emporium celebrates the tradition of that community general store with locally crafted goods, everyday supplies, select antiques and collectibles and insights into the history and landscapes that make Pine Plains one of the premier destinations of the Hudson Valley. 

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more

click for more